Criteria for Certification
For a trainee to successfully complete a course and to be certified in their area of study, the following conditions must all be satisfactorily met:
- Where applicable, completion of practical and theoretical training within the prerequisite program and 100% completion of all its competencies with all grades reflective of a C (Competent)
- This applies to all support subjects such as Mathematics, Language and Communication, Life Skills, Information Technology, and Auto CAD.
- Practical and theoretical training within the main program and 100% completion of all its competencies
- Payment of all applicable fees for the entire program, including testing, domestic and overseas certification fees, graduation, and on-the-job training fees
- Completion of two months of on-the-job training at an industry employer
On-The-Job Training (O-J-T)
To receive Certification, each trainee must participate in a mandatory eight-week on-the-job training session. This training occurs at a Business or Industry related to the Trainee’s area of Study and will require an all-day work shift. No salary is required to be paid by the industry partner to the trainee for the O-J-T duration. Failure to perform required tasks to Centre Standards and those of the business or industry will result in loss of Certification.
Job Placement for employment
The Main Program Instructor and the Registrar will assist each Trainee in identifying a job placement for their O-J-T requirement, which best suits their individual abilities, skills, and personal circumstances to secure employment successfully.
In most instances, with the Instructors’ assistance, the Trainees will undertake two-day Industry Exposure practice sessions at a business or industry partner within the community. Each industry exposure session will consist of applying what Trainees have learned at the Centre and improving the trainees’ skills.
These projects allow Trainees to have an additional practical, small, on-the-job training experience. This venture also directly benefits the community in which the Centre operates in partnership with industry employers. Where applicable, all Trainees are expected to participate in the Centre’s Industry Exposure.