In order for a Trainee to receive Centre Certification in their area of study, the following conditions must all be satisfactorily met:
- Completion of all practical and theoretical work at Grade 3 competency or above. This applies to all support subjects such as Technical Mathematics, Communication Skills, Data Processing, Technical Drawing, and Entrepreneurship.
- Completion of all documents for files, including applications, birth certificates, school transcripts, etc.
- Payment of all applicable fees for the entire programme, including registration, ID card, testing, domestic and overseas Certification fees.
- Completion of an on-the-job training assignment.
- Completion of the 100 % minimum of training.
- Completion of at least one community project.
In order to receive Certification, each Trainee is required to participate in a mandatory four-week on-the-job training session. This training occurs in a Business or Industry related to the Trainee’s area of Study and will require an all day work shift. No salary will be received and failure to perform required task to Centre Standards and those of the business or industry will result in loss of Certification.
During the course of instruction, Trainees and Centre Instructors will jointly undertake at least one project directed specifically at a community project. Each project will consist of applying what Trainees have learned in the repair or improvement of a public or private development organization activity, programme, building or facility. These projects allow Trainees to have an additional, practical on-the-job training experience and makes improvements to activities and programmes which directly benefit the community in which the Centre is located. All Trainees are expected to participate in the Centre’s Community Projects Programme.