CET/UNHCR Partnership on Institution Strengthen Project
The Cayo Centre for Employment Training (Cayo CET), with support from UNHCR Belize, is to engage in data collection and informed decision making through data analysis and the alignment of its curricula with current labour market needs in order to provide quality training opportunities to existing trainee population with the ultimate goals of self-sufficiency, employment, and meaningful integration to our Belizean societies.
The Program Development Objective is to promote equitable access, enhance quality of learning, and update the Cayo Centre for Employment Training’s curricula to align with the current labour market needs. The key results are as follows:
- Increase current enrolment at Cayo CET;
- Increase in the proportion of trainees transitioning to full-time employment or self-employment.
- Improvement in Cayo CET’s capacity to review, evaluate, and update program implementation.
Tasks and Responsibilities
The Cayo Centre for Employment Training is looking for a “Project Coordinator/Consultant”. The role is crucial as she/he will support Cayo CET in its new curriculum development process. The expert’s responsibilities will include field research design and execution / desk reviews and situational analysis, curriculum design, textbooks / digital books recommendation, educational resources production, marketing and promotion, and piloting of the curriculum.
The Project Coordinator/ Consultant will carry the following tasks:
- In consultation with local businesses and local communities, select priority programmes for analysis.
- Conduct market and value chain analyses of programmes to determine sustainable market potential, opportunities for value addition and the necessary policies and systems to support such programmes.
- Highlight strategic entry points and undertakings for enhanced community participation.
- Providing technical assistance and strategic guidance to the Cayo CET to achieve the objectives related to curriculum development, which includes ensuring all the needed design and development phases are duly planned and implemented successfully.
- Supporting the whole curriculum development process based on the approved work plan, the progress made, and other relevant queries made by Cayo CET.
- Advising on the design and supporting the coordination of the curriculum development work plan with all the needed resources.
- Ensuring that the structure needed for the curriculum design is defined and supports its operationalization and provides a clear rationale on roles, responsibilities, selection process and workflows.
- Supporting in the drafting of a curriculum development work plan based on all relevant documentation, including support for the consultation and approval processes.
- Advising on the planning of all curriculum development phases, including activities, timeline, budget and expected outputs from each activity.
- Advising on the needed research to inform the curriculum development and coordinating the progress with Cayo CET.
- Advising on comparative approaches on curricula development.
- Ensuring that a comprehensive situational analysis is conducted in order to inform the new curriculum.
- Work with / coordinate the work of subject matter committees in light of the predefined planning, structure, workflows, deadlines, etc.
- Ensuring the curriculum pilot phase is planned in a well-defined manner and ensuring that a detailed work plan is prepared for this phase.
Educational Background, Experience and Required Skills
- Advanced University degree in Pedagogy, Statistics, or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in project management or supervision.
- Experience in survey design, data analysis and report writing.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in developing institutional capacities and providing technical assistance in the field of curricula design, development, preparation and implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in, knowledge of, and agility with new learning technologies in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Experience in practicing and implementing developing curriculum specific methodology.
- Proven experience in competency-based education is a strong asset.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Spanish language communication is an asset.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both orally and in writing.
- Proven ability to be innovative and solutions finding.
- Strong interest in technical/vocational education.
- Outstanding organization skills.
- Ability to lead and utilize motivational techniques and strategies.
- Applicants are requested to send their detailed CV along with a cover letter to the Manager, Cayo Centre for Employment Training, Buena Vista Street, San Ignacio, Cayo District, Belize, or email at email@example.com
- Applicants are requested to include the job reference in the subject of their email.
Deadline: June 30th, 2021
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.